Perhaps I’ll write more about our daily lives? I really enjoyed doing that in December, it made my December Daily a viable project to complete. I used to write about events in my life when I started my blog back in 2002. Well actually it wasn’t a blog then, it was actually a web-site that I created using Dreamweaver.
Which reminds me. I did actually study Web Design at Uni. Hmm. I did a lot of different subjects, covering graphic design, management, web design, programming, project management, databases, plus all of my library, records and archives stuff.
In my work over the years I’ve been able to use my IT skills, even when working in an unrelated field. For example:
- when employed as a desktop publisher, I edited a FileMaker Pro database
- while a classifier (records management) I maintained a website
- while a senior records officer, I created a timesheet system
- while a university tutor, I did help desk support for an online database system
- while a Mum I provided help with video format conversions.
Have your skills learnt in the dim past helped you in unexpected ways?
I’d be interested to hear.